#Erectile Dysfunction Treatment: Can Food and Diet Help? (#Best Sexologist in Bhopal)
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a man’s incapability to have or maintain an erection. Reaching or maintaining an erection usually is not a reason for concern. But frequent ED can cause stress, relationship conflicts, and a loss of self-esteem.
The role of lifestyle in ED
Healthy lifestyle habits, like those recommended to prevent heart disease, are also useful in preventing ED. These contain:
- maintaining a healthy weight
- avoiding alcohol and cigarettes
- getting regular exercise
- maintaining low blood pressure
- eating a healthful diet
Avoid alcohol and drugs
Alcohol use, especially chronic and frequent drinking, as well as drug abuse, can reason or worsen ED.
ED is common among men who are dependent on alcohol. If you’re a drinker, cut back or give it up to see if your sexual function recovers. If you require help quitting, speak to your doctor about available resources.
Having and maintaining an erection necessitate good blood flow and plenty of available nitric oxide. Studies have shown that antioxidant compounds called flavonoids can help recover cardiovascular health.
Flavonoids enlarge blood flow and the concentration of nitric oxide in the blood. Chocolate, particularly the dark variety, is rich in flavonoids. Milk chocolate is lower in flavonoids and includes higher amounts of sugar and fat.
Reach for watermelon
This favorite picnic fruit may essentially recover your sexual function. A compound found in the fruit called citrulline helps to relax blood vessels. It also improves blood flow, much like ED medications do
What about herbal supplements?
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): a hormone that has been shown to recover libido in women and to help with ED in men.
- L-arginine: Amino acids that may help widen blood vessels to recover blood flow. Side effects like nausea and diarrhea are associated with it.
- Ginseng: has been shown to help improve ED.